2012-2013 Series Rules
1. The North Carolina Cyclo-Cross Series will consist of 15 races. The UCI- NCGP Elite Men and Elite Women races will NOT be a part of the series.
2. Riders must compete in 6 NC Cyclo-Cross Series races to be eligible for the overall awards. In the event of a tie the rider placing highest in the Series Final final will be deemed the winner. If a tie still exists the winner will be determined according to USCF rules. Series Points
3. Race Categories/Length
|Elite Men (Pro/CX1,2)||60 min. race|
|Elite Women (Pro/CX1,2,3)||45 min. race|
|Elite Masters 35+ (CX1,2,3)||45 min. race|
|Masters 45+ (CX1,2,3)||45 min. race|
|Masters 55+ (CX1,2,3)||45 min. race|
|CX3||45 min. race|
|CX4||30 min. race|
|Masters CX4 (35+/45+/55+)||30 min. race|
|Women CX 4||30 min. race|
|Juniors (18-15) / (14-10)||30 min. race|
|Single Speed||30 min. race|
The series will adhere to the category assigned on your USA Cycling license. Please see their site for details on how the categories are assigned and how to upgrade: www.usacycling.org or check Rider Information
4. Racers may ride any type of bicycle that complies with USCF rules. (cyclo-cross, mountain bike, road bike, etc.)
NO Bar-Ends are allowed on mountain bikes -remove them before you race.
5. Race entries: PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE SUGGESTED - SAVE MONEY
$35.00 for Men's Pro/CX 1, 2; $30.00 for all other races; and $10 for all juniors (youth free - under 10 years of age).
NCGP races fees will be higher. $10 DISCOUNT FEE for registration day of race registration (does not apply to Jrs.).
Race number: $5.00 one time fee for the race number the first time you participate, the same number will be used at all races. 2 race numbers will be issued both numbers must be used, one on each hip.
Additional races: If a racer is eligible to race in more than one race and wishes to do so, the entry for the second race is $5. The entry for the first race is the amount of the more expensive race if applicable. There is a one time $5 race number fee. Race #'s are specific to race categories.
6. Race Start times: Race Information UCI - NCGP races
7. Race prizes: see Race Flyers
8. The North Carolina Cyclo-Cross Series and NCGP organizer Tim Hopkin, reserves the right to change, add and/or ammend these rules.